Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

8:41 AM

Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look.
Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.
As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares. His life depends on it.
This book is amazing, Clearly deserves 5 stars.

Characters: The characters. How can I explain this without making this review so long. I LOVED them! They were so realistic they acted the way real people would act. We have the Cheerleaders and Jocks. The Goths. The Social Outcasts. They all act differently and thats what makes them loveable. Varen is obviously my favorite character because at first you just see the rougher side of him but as the story progresses he becomes more and more relatable. Isobel would act like anyone thats put in her situation. And if your not supposed to like a character you totally love to hate them.

Plot: The plot is very unqiue. I have never heard of a story with the same idea as this book. It had a lot of twist and turnes that I never saw coming. Sometimes I was so caught of guard that I was left gaping and or gasping. A lot of things happened in this book that sometimes I just had to close the book to process everything. I admit that this is the first book that ever made me cry. And what was funny about that was that I didnt even notice because I was too busy reading. I will not tell you why I was crying because that might spoil the book.

Overall: Overall this book is great but it still has some cussing and a couple of hints to mature things so I might say 14+. I almost garuntee that you will love this book. I also think that boys as well as girls will love this book. This book is so gripping that even when I wasnt reading I was still thinking about it. I thought that this book wouldnt be very dark but I was VERY dark. So if you get scared very easily I dont really suggest this book because I sometimes couldnt sleep.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook